Another day I watched the movie Julie & Julia…hmmm… too girly? Ok, let’s start it over. Another day I was with my wife while she was watching Julie & Julia, and sometimes I screen-picked one scene or another. One scene that caught my attention is when Julie decide to make a experiment, cooking every day from Julia’s recipes book during one whole year. She would also blog her experience. Since I’m pretty slow with this blog, I realized that it was a great idea.
I’m not going to cook, though. My idea is start my own development experiment, creating a small mobile application for Blackberry, iPhone and Android, and share my experience with you, considering there is an “you” out there.
I don’t have any experience with iPhone or Android development, and with Blackberry I would say that I already know how to write a Hello World application. That said, I’ve come up with something that would be very easy to do, very limited features and somehow useful to me. I’m going to build a time tracker application.
These are its main (or all) requirements:
- The user will be able to enter: Project name and add comments
- There will be a button to start the timer, and the start time will be the current one when the button is pressed;
- When the activity is marked as started, the button will change to “Stop”.
- When pressing the “Stop” button, the current activity will be stored;
- The user will be able to send the current stored file via email, as a csv file.
As you can see, there is nothing new about that, and the idea is really not spend time with the application itself, but with the target platforms, tools, etc…
My first target will be Blackberry, using the OS 5.0.
Stay tuned, and sign up the RSS feeds to know when I have updates.